Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Shave of a Lifetime

There is a storm calling gruffly.
I’ve just come in off the street.
Please help me with my duster.
Now reclining in your red chair
Your lousy apron brushes my cheek
And I’ve never been sized up

So bluntly. You grab hold of
Your handlebar moustache
As if it alone can guide you,
And now the blade is glinting
Against the cold ceiling
And my neck is yearning,

It has been so long since
You fingered my Adam’s apple.
My carotid artery tremors,
My breath quickens its lavish pace.
Your first swipe is so long
And devastating, so cleansing,

I cannot swivel to watch the drain
Open its mouth to swallow,
I cannot bare the steam much longer.
Please finish me off monumentally.
There are dark clouds in troposphere,
And I’ve just come in off the street.

No comments: