Monday, March 12, 2007

The Body Mechanic Skit

This body is overheating, the man said to the doctor.
The waiting room was covered in fitness magazines,
Empty packets of sugar. You could hear them working
In the shop. Shocks were being applied, dents massaged out.
Have you been running warm? Yes, it is unseasonable
And I like to jog. The doctor jacks him up and slides under
To examine his crotch. Any rattling noises, things knocking?
Any fluid leaking? Puddles under the bed?
No more than usual, har har. I love that joke, the doctor replies.
Have you given up any desires? Hit any potholes? All of them, in fact.
Good, good. I think we could change that belt,
New brake shoes, but as far as the temperature
I’m stumped. Just then the Editorial We walks in.
My speaker system’s busted, he writes on a pad.
The doctor grabs his nose. He shrieks. Horn works, he says.
I kill me, the doctor says, writing a prescription for a lube job.

3 comments:

interrobang said...

I like this except for the word "dreams", which I think could easily be replaced with "desires", or some other word that isn't so corny.

interrobang said...

Hey, no poims for two days? What's the distraction?

luckypozzo said...

Yes, good eye.

It's not a what, it's a who.